How to reward yourself for studies


 Procrastination has become a habit of me. I know I have been procrastinating on pretty much everything in my life but can't do anything . It starts to torment me .First I did not realize but then it become so hard for me to overcome.This starts to reflect itself in my grades too. My grades were falling and I was helpless.

Staying away from distractions during studies was a most difficult task for me .Many parents advice me to watch motivational  videos  in Youtube but it did not work for me because after two or three videos I ends up watching something else. But this is also good in a certain way for I starts to think about some other ways to get into my studies again .

One day I was lying in my bed as I usually do and an idea came to my mind -“ Can studies be like a treasure hunt ? ”Why not to reward myself whenever I accomplish my already planned goals. You might be wondering “What she is talking about ?” Am I right?It is like treating yourself for the good things you have done .It compels our brain to realize that studies can  also be interesting . Its good to reward ourselves after something we have worked hard on. This encourages us to make that extra effort so that when we do indulge, it will feel so much more rewarding. That’s why I always think of ways to reward myself for studying.

Here I have listed some of them .I use them according to my schedule. Before using them make sure that they are just rewards and our studies are prior to them. 


1. Watch your favourite show

2. Work out

3. Play a video game

4. Go meet a friend for lunch or coffee

5. You can have a trip to the movie

6. Listen to your favourite music

7. Do your hobby like dancing ,singing etc.

8. Take a nap

9. Play sport

10. Read a book

11. Go to a bookstore to buy your favorite books

12. Write a novel

13. Do some cooking

14. Learn a second language

15. Plan a trip with your friends

16. Go for shopping with your friends

17. Organise your room

18. Go to library

19. Use some social media

20 Spend time with your family

We all know that breaks are important!!  We all need that “Me Time” for our mental and physical wellness.These are some of the things you can do in that  time. All you need is the self control!!It works for me, hope it works for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog